Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I got it


I've been waiting for the perfect title for my everything blog. I love eating Paelo, doing CrossFitt, owning a CF gym, but I also love everything country, anything with sugar and just basically doing things I " shouldn't" so here is where all of that is going.

I'm going to post the most random stuff ever. Some could be CrossFit, some could be paleo, or not. Some will be the hilarious stuff my husband says that makes me laugh. Whatever I feel like posting will go here. Read and be merry. No need for turds here.

---
So here is what I made for dinner. Apparently I was hungry at 5pm when I got home from coaching.

I had some leftover smoked ham lunch meat (nitrate and hormone free from Costco). Then I roasted some Heirloom tomatoes with salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cumin then topped it with fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil from my basil plant!
* Side note, my husband wanted me to throw the basil plant away because we never use it but it's the only plant I've ever kept alive so I made this to prove to him I use the plant.

Then, I made this for dessert....
Are you asking yourself if there is an Oreo in that cookie, the answer is yes, yes it is. Welcome to my cookie stuffed cookie!
So disclaimer: THIS IS NOT PALEO. I know, I'm sorry.
I made these a while ago and they have become "famous" in our friend group so they are constantly requested. What the recipe? Super simple, and I mean SUPER SIMPLE.
1) Make a batch of Chocolate chip cookie dough and refrigerate it for about 20 minutes.
2) Take an Oreo cookie and wrap the cookie dough around it.
3) Bake at 375 for 11-12 minutes.

Simple, right. I have also put Reese's Cups and Heath Bar inside. I've heard of people doing a chocolate cookie with nutter butter inside, how good would that be!?

I didn't actually eat these for dessert. I had whiskey for dessert. These were made for my friends that donated money to a bike ride I'm doing to raise $$ for cancer research. It's called Obliteride and it's in memory of my dad who died of cancer 6 years ago. Hey you should donate! Here's the link.
http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/site/TR?fr_id=1340&pg=pfind

Is anyone still reading? Thank you! I'll send you a batch of my cookie stuffed cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment