Sunday, July 20, 2014

We bought a boat!

7/14/15
And when I say a boat I mean a $47 blow up "3" person raft we got from Sports Authority. 2 people, and 1 cooler. Ya know what though, it does the trick until my student loans are paid off, we own a house and pump out a few kids.

After an incredibly exhausting weekend at the Mercer Island Summer Celebration where we had a booth for our business, Mercer Island CrossFit, I deserve this day. We worked during the morning, getting blogs set up for our business, contacting new clients and watching Love it or List it, Too. Then we ran by QFC and grabbed some Bud for him and Smith & Forge for me then headed to lake Washington. We  dropped in at a little public area between all the mansions on the Mercer Island waterfront and spent a couple hours drinking, floating and laughing. Oh and we wore SPF 50. No skin cancer for us freckly/moley/white skinned people.


 I love my husband, and I love being married to him. God has blessed us more than we could have ever imagined. We are blessed without jobs that require us to wear uncomfortable shoes, are be inside during the day. Sure we have to get up at 4:30am 4 our of 5 days of the week but I'll take that over running errands at 4pm or sitting at a desk all day. Plus, I get to hang out with my husband all day, how many people get to do that!?

Wanna know what I made for dinner?
Protein was left over, basically surf and turf leftover steak and rockfish from the previous nights with brussel sprouts cooked with bacon, cumin, Johnny's Seasoning and Smoked Paprika. Blasted broccoli (tossed in a bowl with olive oil, Johnny's and red pepper flakes, then baked at 385 for about 25 mintues).

Corey drank Budweiser and I drank a White Russian and then Red Apothic wine.

1 comment:

  1. While the boat may not be the yacht of your dreams, you guys are doing such a great job of becoming self-sufficient. You are doing what you love and loving every minute of it. You get to be outside and not stuck behind a desk all day. Great job of creating your own niche in the world.

    ReplyDelete