Friday, October 24, 2014

Water Challenge

I hate water, not what it does for my body but the taste of it. Or the lack of taste. When I was in college I had to have surgery and take these huge horse pills for them which required a lot of water intake. Needless to say I got sick on it and I think this might be the reason I don't like it. Similar to people who get food poisoning and can't eat that food anymore.

Enough of those gross visuals.

After reading numerous articles on the benefits of water and ALL it does for you including THIS great one from Complete Health and Happiness, it came down to a challenge from my husband. He knows the best way to get me to do something is to present me with a challenge.

Anyhoo, my husband challenged me to drink the equivalent of 3 Nalgene water bottles a day(96oz) to see if it helped with my CrossFit performance, sleep, weight loss and skin. I took him up on it but wanted a measurable thing so I'm taking a photo of myself everyday for the challenge and we'll see how my skin changes from there. I even talked a fellow CrossFit friend into doing it with me.

After 2 days I already feel better in the morning when I wake. I'm not as groggy and I just did a workout where I did really well after some time off. So far I like the way I feel, still not keen on the flavor but I'll suck it up.


Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment