Monday, November 17, 2014

Cookie Dough & Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

Sunday 11/16/14

Ever have those days where you need to be in your happy place so you can forget about all the sad/stressful/annoying things that happened this week? Me too. Well, that place is my kitchen when I bake.

My grandpa died this week. He was sick and in Hospice, and this is what happens to grandparents right? Well fine. I accept that, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. So to help distract myself, take care of other people, and create something, I started baking. I needed to try out a couple new recipes and practice some frosting techniques.

I did two recipes I found on Pinterest. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes I got from HERE.
Before going in the oven

The cake part turned out perfectly, it was not too sweet and was perfectly moist. I did have to bake it for about 25 minutes instead of the  recommended 16 minutes.
Cooling


The frosting was way too sweet but I haven't figured out how to make it not so sweet but maintain the great texture. First time using the large round tip and it didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but better than the last time I practiced.


The middle

The finished project
The next recipe I tried worked out perfectly. I was left with a ton of extra batter so I just threw in 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon and mixed well to combine and baked for 17 minutes at 350 degrees. The original recipe was from this website. I also love the cream cheese frosting from that sight. I tried a different frosting tip and tried doing a ribbon of sorts and did the flat "leaf" tip and turned the cupcake to get the layered look. I know this is probably super simple stuff but I am so incredibly happy with how the decorations and the pictures turned out. 



Since we are currently doing a detox I didn't eat them but I did freeze a couple for us so we can eat them when the challenge is over. I can't wait, 13 days to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment